It’s been one year since the Marriage Equality law passed in New Jersey. Finally, many couples are able to legally have the big day they deserve.
Well, Kris and Wesley were one of those lucky couples. Only they were doubly lucky as they were also the winners of a Same Sex Wedding Giveaway contest held at the Grand Wilshire Hotel in West Orange this past July 2014.
The contest also included receiving free professional services from a group of wedding vendors, and Al Ojeda Photography was thrilled to offer our services and be a part of this special day and to be the ones to capture their very special moments.
Kris and Wes are the nicest people you can meet, and their 25 years love story is a beautiful one.
From the moment we arrived at the Wilshire Hotel where they were getting ready, we were surrounded with this positive and loving “vibe”. They were enjoying every minute with their close family and friends. It was all laughs and fun, you could feel their happiness.
We did their “formal shoots”, starting with the family, following with the wedding party and ending with the couple shoots. We were also able to get a group shot in a private moment before the ceremony with just the immediate family that the two grooms requested. …a group “Dynasty” style shot…where everyone got into full character and they all looked like actors!
And then there was the ceremony. What can we say about the ceremony except that in 9 years of shooting weddings in the US, this was one of the most emotional and memorable we have witnessed. Tears, laughs, joy. Constant goose bumps and chills up our spine of the touching and tender moments.. These two were so truly happy to have this day come true, and Al Ojeda Photography was honored to be a part of it. Our friend Deirdre of DeeVa Beauty (who did the makeup for the couple and wedding party) wrote a great blog post where she tells their story, please read it here.
Part 2 coming up soon…
Here are the pros who made this perfect day possible:
1.Catering and Accommodations Wilshire Grand Hotel www.thewilshiregrandhotel.com
2. Photography: Al Ojeda Photography www.alojeda.com
3:. DJ Entertainment Ambient DJ Service (Gregg Hollmann) www.ambientdj.com
4. Videography: Gabelli Cinema www.gabellistudio.com
5. Makeup and Hair: Deirde Mahon and Lillian Burgos from DeeVa Beauty www.deevabeauty.com
6. Photo Booth: Goodwin’s Goodtime Photo Booth (Gus Goodwin)www.goodwinsgoodtimephotobooth.com
7. Media Sponsor NJWedding.com (Erik Kent) www.njwedding.com
8. Invitations: RSVP to Me www.rsvp-to-me.com
9. Ceremony Officiant: Mitch the Minister www.mitchtheminister.com
10. Wedding Cake: Confectionary Designs www.confectionarydesigns.com
11. Cupcake Truck: Polka Dot Cupcake Shop (Little Ferry) www.polkadotcake.com
12. Horse & Carriage: Tania Lawson of Dream Horse Carriage www.happytalespets.com/carriagerentals/
13. Ceremony & Cocktail Hour Music The Smokin Section www.smokinsection.com
14. Event Planner Rothweiler Events